Wanted: Project Coordinator
A highly organized creature with demonstrated expertise in helping teams be more effective in a boutique B2B environment. The Project Coordinator is detail-oriented, organized, and loves checklists and databases. A strong communicator and great listener who is able to make sure our client’s needs are met while making sure our creative team has the information they need to complete projects successfully. As a new role on our nimble team, an entrepreneurial spirit and an inclination toward helping make systems run better are critical characteristics. Able to work seamlessly with fellow employees, clients, and vendors while coordinating and overseeing many projects. This person is fully committed to living and working sustainably. A conscientious person who arrives to work and meetings on time and comports themselves with professionalism and friendliness befitting of a client-facing role that also entails close interaction with a team of designers.
About Modern Species
A small sustainable design and branding studio in downtown Seattle. We treat our clients’ businesses like extensions of our own and our vendors like our best friends. We love learning, craft, and change. We’re serious design & sustainability geeks with a desire to influence the entire design industry. We work our asses off for companies that we respect and clients who appreciate us. Office topics of conversation revolve around what we’ve been reading lately, what we’ve been eating and drinking lately, dogs, babies, race and social justice, and the occasional internet meme.
Working with the Leadership Team and designers, the Project Coordinator implements and maintains systems that maximize the amount of time designers can spend doing what they do best. The goal is to keep projects moving on time and on budget using the Mavenlink project management platform, Insightly CRM, and Quickbooks accounting software. Key responsibilities include:
- Execute full life-cycle project coordination including analysis of client requirements, scoping and proposals/estimates, scheduling, functional team handoffs, invoicing
- Partner with studio leadership to establish resource requirements and marshals resources as needed
- Provide the client and studio leadership with real-time status on all projects as needed/requested.
- Proof client-facing correspondences to ensure a) error-free writing and b) that the design deliverable addresses all agreed upon criteria and edits
- Create appropriate internal documentation to support projects and effectively communicates project/task goals, issues, timelines, meeting notes, etc. to project team.
- Demonstrate consistency across all project work and communication
- Assign internal deadlines to team
- Coordinate and gather assets from clients
- Set up new projects within the project management system and company server
- Schedule internal & external meetings
- Run routine internal meetings
- Ensure clients are comfortable using Modern Species platforms
- Check reported employee hours for accuracy
There are other responsibilities that will be relevant seasonally or annually for the Project Coordinator to engage in. These responsibilities include:
- Research sustainable materials / processes / vendors
- Support office co-working tenant needs
- Write blog / social media posts
- Review and update Company Handbook annually or as needed
- Maintain B Corp status (in progress)
- Maintain file storage platforms (i.e. internal file server, Dropbox, Google Drive)
- Periodic auditing of environmental and social programs that company conducts
- Align expectations with clients prior to peak busy times of the year
- Review project systems post-busy seasons to make improvements
- Oversee annual Impact Report
- Administer client feedback surveys
- Oversee logistics and agenda for Advisory Committee meetings
- Compile information about/for prospective clients
Holds a college degree from a relevant field and at least 3-5+ years of professional experience in a studio/agency environment. Familiarity with or ability to learn the Mavenlink project management platform and Quickbooks accounting software is a must, and experience using Adobe Creative Suite in a mac-based environment is desirable.
Ideally, the Project Coordinator brings at least one of these additional skills to the role:
- marketing/social media experience
- professional-quality writing skills
- creative direction experience
- experience with product photography
Modern Species offers benefits including flex-time work schedule, group health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 401(k) matching program.
If you meet the requirements and want to love what you do, please email email@example.com with your CV/résumé and tell us why you care about sustainability and/or corporate social responsibility in your cover letter. You must live in/near Seattle or be willing to move at your own expense.
Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to reply to all inquiries.
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the U.S. in order to apply.
Modern Species is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity & inclusion.